The MacBook Pro includes the following features and ports:
- An 8X DL “SuperDrive”
- AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) which allows connection to the best Wi-Fi bands available
- A Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR allowing for quick PAN (Personal Area Network) connections and transfers
- A FireWire 800 port
- A Gigabit Ethernet is provided for your Local Area Network (LAN) connections
- Two USB 2.0 Ports are supplied for the connection of external keyboards, printers, external hard disks etc.
- An Optical digital audio in/out for connecting some external audio equipment like headphones and microphones
- A Thunderbolt standard port that is backward compatible with a Mini DisplayPort and can support an audio signal and a 2560×1600 resolution
- An SDXC Card Slot
- No button glass multi-touch trackpad with support for new “four finger” gestures and programmable zones
- Face Time HD webcam
Processor & Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
This MacBook Pro comes with a pre-installed MacOS X 10.7.3 (11D2097), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 3720QM (Sandy Bridge) processor and dual graphics processors – a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory and an “integrated” Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor.
Memory & Architecture
Your applications installed on the MacBook Pro are also guaranteed to run faster with a 6 MB shared level 3 cache plus a 5 GT/s frontside bus with 8 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (PC3-12800) for its RAM. All of this is centered around a 64-Bit architecture.
The MacBook Pro comes with a 77.5-watt-hour lithium polymer battery that provides 7 hours of wireless web use.